Children, teens, and young adults can face emotional strains after a traumatic event or disaster. This can happen when they experience trauma, watch it on TV, or overhear others discussing it, leaving them feeling scared, confused, or anxious.
Explore our latest guide about how to support children, teens, and young adults following a traumatic event.
- An overview of trauma/grief
- General and age-appropriate tips for talking to children and teens
- An overview of when to reach out for more help
- Links to additional resources.
Looking for more resources about mental health and coping with trauma?
- Visit our resource page
- Watch our 10-minute video on vicarious trauma
- Read our incident stress response resource
- Learn more about the symptoms of grief