Perspectives’ job benchmarking process allows hiring managers and HR to benchmark a job and match candidates to that position. In addition to leveraging the candidate assessment process, this program effectively creates a “job personality” by engaging colleagues to help describe and define the position.
We Help You:
- Define the Key Accountabilities of the job
- Assess the candidate’s behaviors, motivators, and competencies together in a validated, bias-free and fully integrated assessment that meets EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) and OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) requirements
- Determine who is the best fit for the role in regard to Skills, Knowledge, Behaviors, Motivators, Certifications, Experience , and Intelligence
- Compare the specific requirements of your job against thousands of other similar benchmarked jobs
- Establish the foundation for:
- On-boarding new hires
- Personalized development plans for both new and current staff
- Personalized managing, coaching, and mentoring programs
- Job-related performance systems
Job Benchmarking can be broken into four key phases. Each phase is contingent on the one prior, and the entire benchmarking process can be duplicated across all positions within the company.
Setup: Identify the Job and “Subject Matter Experts”
It is important to understand why the job exists, how success in the job is measured, the history of the position, and how it fits the company strategy. Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are people within the organization that have a direct connection to the job. Their expertise will help create the job benchmark.
Key Accountabilities: Define, Prioritize and Weigh Key Accountabilities (1 hr session)
Through discussion facilitated by POCG, the SMEs will define a comprehensive yet succinct group of 3-5 key accountabilities for the position. These will be ranked by importance and time requirement.
Assessment: Respond to the Job Assessment and Review the Multiple Respondent Report
The SMEs will respond to the online Job Assessment keeping the Key Accountabilities in mind. Based on a unique analysis, the Multiple Respondent Report combines the input of all SMEs to create a benchmark for the job.
Results: Compare Candidates to the Job Benchmark using a Gap Report (up to 5 candidates compared per report)
A talent assessment on the same scale as the job will identify the characteristics an individual will bring to the job, allowing you to easily determine the best job fit and identify coaching opportunities. Within the framework of a company’s overall selection process, effective hiring decisions can be made and productivity can begin immediately.
This patented process has shown a >95% retention rate of selected candidates after 1 year.